Sean Kelsey - Recording/Mix Engineer
“Live every day as though it is your last. Someday you’re bound to be right!”
This is the philosophy that I’ve carried on throughout my life and career.
I’ve been recording and mixing audio for the last 14 years. With a professional background in Information Systems, the new technology that has bull-dozed its way into the professional audio market is part a parcel of todays demanding projects. We simply know how it works and where it fits in.
My first work in professional sound and audio was with the Royal Opera House in Covent Garden, London. If ever you want to see professionals who take their work seriously, the ROH staff are at the top of their game. Attention to detail in all aspects of show production ensured a fault-free performance not only from the artists but also from the musicians, stage hands, lighting, electricians and audio professionals. Putting on a televised operatic or ballet performance certainly opened my eyes as to what was required to put on a show of such magnitude, and the focus and attitude required from all the people involved. I’ve been lucky enough to work on many productions including (but not limited to):
- Wagner’s Ring Cycle (Das Rheingold, Die Walkure, Siegfried, Gotterdammerung)
- Don Giovanni
- Le Nozze di Figaro (Marriage of Figaro)
What I learned at the ROH will stay with me throughout my audio career.
Since leaving ROH, my time is split between working for a sports TV channel and working on studio based projects at Chilli Inc. Studios. Nothing like working on live TV to sharpen the reactions and get the blood flowing.
- I’ve worked with many professionals in the entertainment industry including:
- Carl Palmer (Emerson, Lake and Palmer/Asia/Carl Palmer Band)
- Paul Aiden (Singer/Songwriter)
- Andrew Cross (Visual Artist)
- Darren Guy (Domestic Bliss)
- Sue Elliott-Nicholls (BBC TV/Radio/VO)
- Neal Foulds (BBC sports pundit/Broadcaster)